It seems as if I am wasting my time with plates and our kitchen table. I am thinking I should just throw the food out on the back patio and let the girls at it. I feel this way ofter right after lunch or dinner. They can't seem to keep the food on the plates as if plates are just a suggestion. Then there is the floor. Sometimes I wonder if anything made it into their mouths at all. The problem is playtime does not stop when mealtime starts and every goofy thing Zoey does Sierra copies.
Oh well. They are only two and five. It really isn't that bad. It is just no fun to clean it up all the time. Lately I have been telling them keep your food on your plate and it seems to be helping. I guess in their minds the table is just an extension of their plate. And you know how once a child had decided they don't want something it MUST be removed from their plate. I guess it becomes poison, hmmm? Well, I am ever so thankful for the nights that Mat cleans up the kitchen, table, floor, chairs ect... Thanks honey. Love ya!
I must add, I am also thankful for the times my parents feed my children at their house. Thanks Mom and Dad.
Cute post. Ella is currently throwing Cheerios on the floor.
ReplyDelete